Fragrant Cloud Honeysuckle
- Clusters of white and magenta flowers
- Fills air with sweet fragrance when it blooms
- Blooms from June through September
- Plant this vine near a trellis or fence
- Grows up to 10 ft. tall
- SKU: 84510
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Fragrant Cloud Honeysuckle
- FormDeciduous woody vine.
- LightFull sun to partial shade. More sun will give you more flowers.
- Height6 to 10 feet.
- Spread6 to 10 feet.
- Spacing6 - 10 feet.
- ZonesZones 5 - 9.
- FoliageLeaves are purple-green when young and turn green with age.
- Flower FormSmall clusters of flowers. Fragrant.
- ColorWhite with purple blossoms.
- BloomsJune - September.
- FruitRed berries from August to October.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil. Tolerant of drought and dry soils once established, but either may reduce flower production and growth.
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate. Approximately 3 feet of growth per year.
- PruningMost honeysuckles should be lightly pruned, only when the need arises. They look their best and produce the best flowers when left to grow freely. However, if you want your plant to be really imposing, you should devote the first 1 - 3 years to establishing and forming it. After planting, cut all the stems at 1/3 of the height to promote strong branching at the base.
- CommentsVery fragrant and floriferous. Attractive light green foliage contrasts wonderfully with the white & purple blooms. Vines are completely covered from top to bottom with blooms. We found this outstanding new Honeysuckle in Poland, in the nursery of Dr. Szczepan Markzynski. And what a find! It produces masses of large blooms over an unusually long period from late Spring into Fall, and the blooms cover the plant all the way to the ground-no naked lower stems on this vine! The fragrance is intense and sweet, a real delight when planted near a porch or window where you can enjoy it in good weather. Hummingbirds adore the sweet nectar of the multitude of ruby and cream blooms, while the bright red berries of late Summer and Fall feed robins and wood thrushes, bluebirds, sparrows and goldfinches. Unlike the sprawling Japanese Honeysuckle, this vine only grows to a compact 6 - 10 feet, depending on the size of it's support. Iit responds well to pruning, so you can keep it a bit smaller if you wish. An excellent choice to grow on a fence or trellis, or up the supporting posts of a raised deck where you can sit and enjoy watching hummingbirds sip it's nectar. Once established, this tough vine needs no care, even if you leave for an extended vacation! It will, however, benefit from watering the first season, while it is establishing it's roots. It's official name of 'Chojnow' comes from the old farm in the Polish countryside where Dr. Markzynski discovered it. Cannot ship to AE,AK,GU,HI,PR.
- Botanical NameLonicera periclymenum 'Chojnow'
- DepthPlant at same depth as it is in shipping pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.