French Fingerling Potato
- SKU: 80915
- For each offer ordered, get 1 lb whole potatoes
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual.
- Height: 24 - 36 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Plants are not available in ID ME MT NE
Send me an email when this item is available
French Fingerling Potato
- Unit of Measure 1 lb whole potatoes
- FormAnnual. Vining.
- LightFull sun.
- Height24 - 36 inches.
- Spread18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing8 - 12 inches apart with 30 - 36 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageDark green foliage.
- FruitRose-pink skin and creamy yellowflesh with some splashed with pink. Fingerling shape.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile sandy loam soil. pH 4.8 - 5.4 Will grow in higher pH, but sometimes will become scabby.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountOne lb of seed potatoes will yield approx. 5 - 8 sets and plant approx. 5 - 8 ft of row.
- PruningNone needed.
- CommentsThe gourmet's choice. Lovely fingerling potatoes have creamy waxy yellow flesh with some splashes of pink and rosy-pink skin. Delicious in any preparation you can think of. Slightly larger and chunkier than other fingerling types. Resistant to scab.
- YieldUnder optimal conditions, you can expect to harvest 10-15 pounds of potatoes for every pound of seed potato planted.
- Botanical NameSolanum tuberosum 'French Fingerling' Family:Solanaceae (Nightshade Family)
- HeaderThe Gourmet's Choice!
- Depth3 - 5 inches.
- Days To Maturity80 - 100 days. Main season variety.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.