- SKU: 81184
- For each offer ordered, get 1 2'-3' bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
- FormUpright, spreading.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height12 - 20 feet.
- Spread10 - 15 feet.
- Spacing10 - 15 feet.
- Zones3 - 9 (-30° F.).
- FoliageShiny dark green 3" - 8" long leaves that turn yellow in Fall.
- Flower FormBranched drooping clusters are 4 - 8 inches long.
- ColorCreamy white flowers.
- BloomsMay to June.
- FruitGrape-like clusters of 3/4 inch long blue-black fruit, maturing in the Fall.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateSlow to medium growth.
- PruningNeeds a little pruning to develop a strong structure.
- CommentsOne of the most beautiful small trees when in full bloom. White, slightly fragrant, panicles of blooms smother the tree in early to mid Summer. Fruit is attractive to wildlife.
- Botanical NameChionanthus virginicus
- DepthSet crown at soil level (Crown is where the roots meet the stem). Look for soil stain on stem.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|4B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|5A||3/18/19 - 6/7/19|
|5B||3/4/19 - 6/7/19|
|6A||3/4/19 - 6/7/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A||2/11/19 - 6/7/19|
|7B||2/11/19 - 6/7/19|
|8A & B||2/11/19 - 6/7/19|
|9A & B||2/11/19 - 6/7/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||6/4/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.