Get $25 Off Any Order Of $50 Or More!
-Tap to Save-
Oops, there seems to be an error, please re-enter your email address.
Garfield Hybrid Sweet Pepper
Bright Orange Fruits on Compact Plants
Select the product option that works for your garden
Liven up recipes and salads with these vividly colored, wonderfully sweet bell peppers. The large, blocky fruits have thick walls—perfect for stuffing, sautéing, roasting and fresh eating. Disease-resistant plants produce good yields of fruits that mature from rich green to vibrant orange. High resistance to tomato mosaic virus. Growing 18-30 in. tall, Garfield Hybrid Sweet Pepper can be grown in the garden or a container. For best results, start pepper seeds indoors and transplant seedlings outside after the danger of frost has passed. 75 DAYS.
- LightFull Sun
- Height18-30 inches
- Spread18-24 inches
- SpacingWhen transplanting: 18 - 24 inches apart in rows 24 - 36 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 (Annual)
- FoliageGlossy green, typical of peppers.
- FruitLarge, blocky bell peppers with thick walls and four lobes. Peppers mature from rich green to vibrant orange. Full of flavor at the green stage and at its sweetest when bright orange.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, light, moderately fertile soil, high in organic matter.
- CommentsDeliciously sweet, vivid orange peppers are sure to become a favorite for fresh snacking, sautÃ©ing, and roasting. Sturdy peppers are large, with thick walls, great for stuffing. Great sweet flavor and so pretty when used in a favorite recipe.
- YieldProduces good yields.
- Botanical NameCapsicum annuum 'Garfield'
- DepthPlant seeds 1/4 inch deep. Plant pepper plants at the same depth as in the pot.
- Days To Maturity75 days