Geisha Girl Japanese Iris
- SKU: 75362
- For each offer ordered, get 1 Bareroot Plant
Send me an email when this item is available
Geisha Girl Japanese Iris
- LightFull Sun to Partial Shade
- Height2 - 4 feet
- Spread1 1/2 - 2 feet
- Spacing1 - 2 feet
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageSword-shaped, green leaves grow to 24 inches long.
- Flower FormBeardless flowers with mottled veining of lavender and purple.
- BloomsEarly Summer
- Soil RequirementsHumus-enriched, moisture-retentive, acidic soil. Dislikes sandy soil.
- PruningRemove spent blooms to keep the plant attractive. Allow leaves to turn brown before removing them. Remove dead leaves in spring, before new growth emerges.
- CommentsBeardless, lavender blooms flutter like butterflies in early summer above attractive, sword-like foliage. Flowers have a gorgeous mottled veining of lavender and purple. Plant near the water's edge or add color to an area of the landscape that tends to hold water. When not in bloom, the vertical foliage remains attractive. Enjoy in a fresh bouquet.
- Botanical NameIris ensata 'Geisha Girl'
- DepthPlant the rhizomes 1-2 inches below the soil line.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.