Georgia Jet Sweet Potato
- SKU: 15341
- For each offer ordered, get 1 set of 12 plants
Georgia Jet Sweet Potato
- FormAnnual. Vining.
- LightFull Sun.
- Height12 inches.
- SpreadUp to 20 feet in warmer areas.
- Spacing12 - 15 inches between plants, 3 - 4 feet apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageThick, green, heart-shaped foliage.
- Flower FormFlower color is violet to light pink.
- ColorFlower color is violet to light pink. Tuber color is deep orange.
- BloomsLate Summer.
- FruitDeep orange, moist, tasty flesh; deep red skin.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained sandy loam soil. pH 5.0 - 6.5.
- Growth RateFast - for short growing seasons.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsPrized for cold-tolerance and productivity. 2.5 times yield of standard varieties. High Vitamin A content. Thrives in both North and South.
- Yield100 lbs per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameIpomoea batatas 'Georgia Jet'
- Size2 inches.
- Depth2 - 3 inches. Set plants out 1 - 2 weeks after danger of frost is past. Soil temperature should be 60 degrees F. Mound soil over row as plants grow until the ridge is 8 - 15 inches high.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||5/20/19 - 6/7/19|
|4B||5/20/19 - 6/7/19|
|5A||5/13/19 - 6/7/19|
|5B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|8A & B||4/22/19 - 6/7/19|
|9A & B||4/22/19 - 6/7/19|
|10A & B||4/15/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||6/3/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.