German Butterball Potato
- SKU: 83382
- For each offer ordered, get 2 lbs
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual.
- Height: 24 - 36 inches.
- Light Required: Full Sun.
- This item is not available in ID ME MT NE
Send me an email when this item is available
German Butterball Potato
- Unit of Measure 2 lbs
- FormAnnual. Vining.
- LightFull Sun.
- Height24 - 36 inches.
- Spread18 - 24 inches.
- Spacing12 to 15 inches with 30 - 36 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageLarge, abundant green foliage.
- Flower FormStar shaped purple blooms.
- FruitRusset-type with rich, golden, slightly flaky flesh. Medium, oblong to round potatoes. Smooth golden skin & flesh.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, well-drained sandy loam soil. pH 4.8-5.4 Will grow in higher pH, but sometimes become scabby
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed Count2 lbs. of seed potatoes. If a seed potato is over 1 inch in diameter, you can cut them into pieces, leaving 1 - 2 eyes per piece. 2 lbs. of seed potatoes will make about 10 - 15 potato sets when cut.
- CommentsA favorite heirloom variety for it's superior flavor, versatility and storage. Buttery delicious flavor. A favorite all-purpose potato, excellent storage.
- YieldSince a single plant will likely produce up to 2 - 4 pounds, the yield from a 10 foot row could be anywhere from 25 - 35 pounds.
- Botanical NameSolanum tuberosum 'German Butterball'.
- HeaderFavorite All-Purpose Heirloom
- Depth3 to 5 inches.
- Days To Maturity100 - 130 days. Late-season.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.