Giant Elephant Ear
- SKU: 94687
- For each offer ordered, get 1 7"-9" bulb
Giant Elephant Ear
- FormTender, deciduous perennial.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- HeightUp to 108 inches.
- Spread6 - 8 feet.
- Spacing6 - 8 feet.
- Zones8 - 10, grow as an annual or bring indoors in colder grow zones.
- FoliageEach individual leaf grows in excess of 5 feet long x 4 feet wide. The leaves are an attractive deep grey which is typical of this species.
- Flower FormFrom an early age, the plants are adorned with clusters of dramatically large, pleasantly scented white flowers.
- BloomsLate Summer, early Fall.
- Soil RequirementsDeep moisture retentive soils. They are heavy feeders.
- Growth RateFast growth rate, establishes quickly.
- PruningNone needed.
- CommentsThis huge species, from Thailand and surrounding countries, is a cousin to Alocasia. It can grow to a massive size, over 9 feet tall. The leaves can reach up to 4 feet wide and around 5 feet long. The whole plant has a light bluish-green coloring.
- Botanical NameColocasia gigantea 'Thailand Giant Strain'
- DepthSet at the same depth it is growing at in container, firm and water thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Tropicals & Houseplants|
|1A-4A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|4B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|5A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|5B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|7B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|8A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|9A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|10A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||6/3/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.