$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Giant Mixed Allium Super Bag
- Easy to grow
- Perfect paired with tulips and daylilies
- Striking in fresh and dried arrangements
- Attracts pollinators
- Deer tend to avoid
- SKU: 72751
- For each offer ordered, get 15 bulbs
- This item is not available in ID WA
Giant Mixed Allium Super Bag
- LightFull sun to partail shade.
- Height24-36 inches
- Spread4-6 inches
- Spacing6-10 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageLong, linear and narrow strap-like foliage.
- Flower FormSmall star-like blossoms in a spherical form.
- ColorMixture of violet-purple, creamy-white and deep purple.
- BloomsLate spring to early summer for approximately 3 weeks.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil. Loosen soil about 10" and water well after planting.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate.
- PruningLet the foliage mature and die down naturally allowing the bulb to store energy for next year's blooms.
- CommentsExciting color balanced mix of allium. Aflatunense with purple flowers, large multiflowerd umbels, purple sensations with purple flowers, a full ball, cluster flower, nigrum made up of more than 30 creamy white florets, each with a prominent dark eye. Tall sturdy stem create a sensation in he sunny border, bridging the time between spring and summer when the landscape often lacks a focus. Intriguing blooms last for weeks both in the garden and bouquets and they are a favorite for dried arrangements. Giant alliums are beautiful in combination with perennials like hostas. Blooms well with perennial like hemerocallis and iris. 1 stem and 1 flower. Multiplies annually. Plant in the fall.
- Botanical NameAllium aflatunense, Allium nigrum, Allium Purple Sensation.
- Size4-5 inch flower heads.
- Depth4-6 inches deep.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/23 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||9/23 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||9/23 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||9/23 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||9/23 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||9/23 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.