Glacial (sh2) Super-Sweet Hybrid
- SKU: 65350
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 250 seeds per packet.
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Height: 6 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun
- Germination: 4 - 7 days at soil temp of 65 degrees F.
Glacial (sh2) Super-Sweet Hybrid
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 250 seeds per packet.
- FormUpright. Annual
- LightFull sun
- Height6 feet.
- Spread1 - 1/2 feet.
- Spacing10 - 12 inches between plants. 36 inches b etween rows. Plant in blocks of at least 4 rows for adequate pollination.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageDark green husk with excellent tip coverage and dark green flag leaves.
- FruitSupersweet (sh2) white kernel. 8-8 1/2 inch ears with 16-18 rows.
- Germination4 - 7 days at soil temp of 65 degrees F.
- Soil RequirementsNeeds deep, well-drained, fertile soil, pH 6.0 to 6.8 and consistent moisture.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 250 seeds per packet.
- PruningPruning - Not necessary to remove suckers (side sprouts growing from the base of the plant).
- PollinatorTo avoid cross pollination, separate blocks of individual varieties by at least 500 feet, or plant so they tassel at different times. Plants are in pollination mode for 2-3 weeks from time of tassel.
- CommentsLarge, plump ears. Attractive glossy white kernels stay white- don't yellow. Gorgeous dark green husk fully protects the ears. Excellent tip fill. High yield, excellent eating quality
- Yield10 dozen ears per 100 foot row.
- Botanical NameZea mays 'Glacial'
- HeaderHigh yields and excellent tip fill.
- Depth1 - 2 inches deep.
- Days To Maturity76 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.