Glaskin's Perpetual Rhubarb
- SKU: 66675
- For each offer ordered, get 3 bareroot plants
- Zones: 3 - 8
- Height: 24 inches
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Glaskin's Perpetual Rhubarb
- Unit of Measure3 bareroot plants
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height24 inches
- Spread24 inches
- Spacing3 ft apart.
- Zones3 - 8
- Flower FormFlowers that grow in 2 - 6 ft stalks should be removed.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich, loamy soil that is fortified with compost or well-rotted manure. PH between 5.0 and 7.0.
- CommentsYou'll enjoy fantastic yields of this reliable rhubarb that cooks up nicely and never gets bitter. A traditional favorite in pies, tarts, jams or fermented for wine, this old-fashioned staple is fast growing and reliable. Glaskin's Perpetual is perfect for late-season harvesting due to its low concentration of oxalic acid. So, you'll be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor well into the summer or winter, depending on when you plant.
- Botanical NameRheum Rhubarbarum
- HeaderPleasingly Tart, Never Bitter!
- DepthPlant with the top of the root 1 - 2 inches below the soil.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.