- SKU: 03173
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- LightFull sun 8-10 hours of sun per day.
- Height8 - 10 feet
- Spread8 - 10 feet
- Spacing8 feet
- Zones5 - 9
- FoliageGlossy emerald-green elongated leaves, on graceful vine-like branches.
- Flower FormSmall clusters of funnel shaped blooms.
- ColorWhite to lilac to purple colored blooms.
- BloomsEarly summer followed by sporadic blooming the rest of the growing season.
- FruitGlossy bright orange-red fruit, oval 1/2 inches long. Harvest fruit when it is 80-90% ripe. Self pollinating. May take plants up to the third year to bear fruit.
- Soil RequirementsWill grow in almost any type of soil, except wet soggy soil, tends to fruit best in well-drained soil of moderate quality. Likes an alkaline soil with a pH of 8.2 - 8.6.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningHeavy pruning will help keep the plant looking nice, and increase berry production. Can also be trained to a support. The older the plant, the more upright it can be trained.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsAbsolutely packed with crucial vitamins and antioxidants, it's easy to see why many call the Goji Berry a super fruit! This wondrous little gem offers incredible immune-boosting qualities in a convenient, bright red berry. Popular in China for centuries, the large 1/2 to 1" berries have a sweet flavor that falls between a cherry and a cranberry. Eat them raw, dried, in smoothies, salads or in a variety of dishes-just make sure you eat them! This berry's one nutritional powerhouse you don't want to miss! Often referred to in health stores as the Tibetan or Himalayan Goji Berry. Extremely nutritionally dense, high antioxidant properties. Can be eaten raw, dried, made into juice, wine, herbal tea. When dried they can be eaten as a healthy snack similar to raisins. They have a taste which has been described as having an accent of tomato, similar to dates, dried cranberries or raisins, but drier, more tart, less sweet and with an herbal scent. Fresh berries are juicy and sweet.
- Botanical NameLycium barbarum
- DepthPlant at the same depth as the nursery pot. Plant in a sheltered location.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.