Golden Delicious Apple Tree
Golden Delicious Apple Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Rounded.
- LightFull sun.
- Height20 feet for standard, 6 feet for Li'l BIG..
- Spread18 feet for standard, 4 - 6 feet for Li'l BIG.
- Spacing18 feet for standrad, 6 - 8 feet for Li'l BIG.
- Zones4 - 7 (-20° F.).
- FoliageDeep green foliage.
- Flower FormYes.
- ColorWhite blossoms.
- FruitLarge, golden-yellow fruit; firm, juicy, crisp and flavorful.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained moist soil with good organic matter.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate. 1 - 2 feet per year.
- PruningPrune December to February. There are normally two goals when pruning an apple tree: 1. Initially on young trees to encourage a strong, solid framework 2. On mature trees to maintain shape and encourage fruit production. The best time to prune apple trees is in late Winter or very early Spring before any new growth starts.
- PollinatorSelf-pollinating. Gala, Pristine, Jonathan, GoldRush, Sweet 16 (in Northern districts).
- CommentsMild, sweet flavor. Should be stored in plastic bags in refrigeration to prevent shriveling. Unable to ship to AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- YieldApproximately 5 - 10 bushels at maturity for standard, 1/2 bushel for Li'l BIG.
- Botanical NameMalus X 'Golden Delicious'
- HeaderOne of the Few Self-Pollinating Varieties
- DepthGraft 2 inches above the soil.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.