- SKU: 60796
- For each offer ordered, get 1 gallon pot.
Send me an email when this item is available
- FormHerbaceous perennial, upright.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height18 - 30 inches
- Spread12 - 24 inches
- Spacing12 - 24 inches
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageOblong to lanceolate, dark green foliage.
- Flower FormDaisy-like, appear singly on stiff, branching stems in a prolific, long-lasting bloom.
- ColorBright gold rays with a deep blackish-brown cone (center disk).
- BloomsMidsummer to fall.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate.
- PruningDead-head to prolong blooming season. Allow the foliage to die back.
- CommentsAcclaimed internationally as one of the most popular perennials for the past fifty years, its bright golden-yellow flowers shine in gardens worldwide. In 1937 Heinrich Hagemann observed a glorious stand of Rudbeckia fulgida var. sullivantii at Gebrueder Schuetz's nursery in the Czech Republic. Recognizing the superiority over other commonly-grown Rudbeckia species, Hagemann convinced his employer Karl Foerster of Potsdam, Germany to propagate his discovery. World War II interfered with the planned debut of the plant and it was not until 1949 that the triumphant success of Rudbeckia fulgida var. sullivantii renamed 'Goldsturm' began. 'Goldsturm' translates to English as gold storm. Heinrich Hagemann, although retired, maintains an active interest in his company, the world-renowned Hagemann Staudenkulturen.
- Botanical NameRudbeckia fulgida Ait. var. sullivantii 'Goldsturm'; Family: Asteraceae (Aster)
- Size3-4 inch blossoms.
- DepthPlant top of root ball at soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Gallon Pot Size|
|1A-4B||8/1 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/1 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/1 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/1 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/1 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/1 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.