Grande Hybrid Asparagus
- SKU: 64752
- For each offer ordered, get 3-pack
Send me an email when this item is available
Grande Hybrid Asparagus
- LightFull sun.
- Height 3 - 4 feet.
- Spread18 inches.
- Spacing12 - 18 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 8 (2 with Winter protection).
- FoliageGraceful, feathery green foliage.
- FruitPurple tipped, green speared asparagus. 10 - 12 inch spears.
- Soil RequirementsAsparagus grows in most any soil as long as it has good internal drainage. Asparagus roots do not like waterlogged soils that will lead to root rot. It prefers a soil pH of 6.5-7.5., and will not do well if the pH is less than 6.0.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningCut the ferns down to ground level in the Fall once they have turned brown, or in the early Spring before new growth appears.
- CommentsExtend the asparagus season with this early, vigorous, heat-resistant variety. It's slow to fern out and become fibrous when temperatures exceed 70 degrees. Produces large yields of tender, medium-large to large diameter green spears tinged with purple tips. Excellent disease resistance.
- YieldHigh yields. 25 lbs per 100 ft
- Botanical NameAsparagus officinalis
- DepthPlant at the same depth it is in the plug. These plants can be planted with a trowel.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Vegetable Plants & Starts|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.