$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Twilight Zone Grandiflora Rose
- SKU: 71338
- For each offer ordered, get 1 No. 1 to 1 1/2 grade bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
Twilight Zone Grandiflora Rose
- FormMedium tall, rounded habit.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height3-4 feet
- Spread3-4 feet
- Spacing4 feet.
- Zones4 - 10 (-20 degrees F)
- FoliageDeep green, semi-glossy foliage.
- Flower FormOld fashioned, very double, borne in clusters with a flower size of medium-large to large (about 4-5 inches in diameter, over 35 petals) with a seductively strong clove and lemon fragrance.
- ColorScrumptious deep velvet-purple. The color will vary with temperature and weather, the deepest purple color in spring and fall when the temperatures are cooler.
- BloomsLate spring to fall, blooming all summer.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, rich soil.
- Growth RateModerate once established.
- PruningPrune after flowering to maintain shape and increase branching once established. Remove any dead or damaged branches.
- CommentsTake the amethyst purple color and powerful perfume of Ebb Tide and make it a bigger flower with a stronger plant. That was our goal and here's the proof. Big fat buds open to very double old-fashioned flowers of deep velvet purple overlaid with a wisp of smoke...a purple haze for the garden. Strongly scented with a combination of clove and lemony citrus blossom. Deep green leaves cover the plant & compliment the remarkably colored flowers. Tempting color, seductive fragrance and old rose form...it's a winner!
- Botanical NameRosa cv. WEKebtidere, PP24725
- DepthPlant at the same level as the soil so the crown of the plant is even with the soil level. Don't bury the crown. Full sun is best for quicker flowering and higher quality plants.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|Spring 2019 Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Annual Vegetable Plants||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes|
|1A-4A||5/13/19 - 6/21/19||3/25/19 - 6/14/19||5/20/19 - 6/7/19|
|4B||5/13/19 - 6/21/19||3/25/19 - 6/14/19||5/20/19 - 6/7/19|
|5A||5/13/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||5/13/19 - 6/7/19|
|5B||5/13/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6A||5/13/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6B||5/13/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A||5/13/19 - 6/21/19||2/25/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7B||4/15/19 - 6/21/19||2/25/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|8A & B||4/15/19 - 6/21/19||2/18/19 - 6/14/19||4/22/19 - 6/7/19|
|9A & B||4/15/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 6/14/19||4/22/19 - 6/7/19|
|10A & B||4/15/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 6/14/19||4/15/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||6/17/2019||6/10/2019||6/3/2019|
|Zones||Onion Plants||Fruit Trees||Bareroot Roses|
|1A-4A||4/1/19 - 5/10/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||4/15/19 - 5/31/19|
|4B||4/1/19 - 5/10/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||4/15/19 - 5/31/19|
|5A||3/25/19 - 5/10/19||3/18/19 - 6/21/19||4/1/19 - 5/31/19|
|5B||3/25/19 - 5/10/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/18/19 - 5/31/19|
|6A||3/4/19 - 5/10/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 5/31/19|
|6B||2/25/19 - 5/10/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 5/31/19|
|7A||2/18/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/25/19 - 5/31/19|
|7B||2/11/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/25/19 - 5/31/19|
|8A & B||1/28/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/18/19 - 5/31/19|
|9A & B||1/7/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||1/21/19 - 5/31/19|
|10A & B||1/7/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||1/21/19 - 5/31/19|
|Last Order Date||5/6/2019||6/17/2019||5/27/2019|
|Zones||Tropicals & Houseplants||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/29/19 - 6/21/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||4/29/19 - 6/21/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/29/19 - 6/21/19||3/18/19 - 6/21/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||4/29/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||4/29/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||4/29/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/18/19 - 5/24/19|
|9A & B||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|10A & B||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|Last Order Date||6/17/2019||1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.