- SKU: 72890
- For each offer ordered, get 1 gallon pot.
- This item is not available in CA ID OR WA
Send me an email when this item is available
- LightFull Sun
- Height15-25 feet
- Spread8-15 feet
- Spacing8 - 15 feet.
- Zones5 - 7
- Flower FormSmall, 5 petaled, held in narrow panicles. Not ornamental.
- FruitFruit appears in medium to large clusters. Round dull purple-red grapes.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained, slightly acidic soil.
- Growth RateModerate.
- PruningDuring late February or March, proper pruning will help maintain a grapevine's potential of producing a good quality fruit crop, develop good vine structure, increase sunlight exposure into the canopy, promote the development of next year's fruiting wood, and potentially reduce disease and insect pressure.
- CommentsWith its complex flavor of sweet mingled with notes of subtle spice, this slipskin grape makes a wonderful wine that's best enjoyed with dessert. It also makes a delightful sparkling vintage, as well as being tops for juice and jelly. Purple-red grapes are firm and round with a pleasant aroma that attracts plenty of pollinators to the trailing vines. Fruit appears in medium to large clusters and mature late in the season.
- Botanical NameVitis labrusca 'Catawba'
- DepthPlant at the same depth it was planted at the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Gallon Pot Size|
|1A-4B||8/1 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/1 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/1 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/1 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/1 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/1 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.