$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Green Twister Coneflower
- Yellow-green and lilac-pink flowers
- Grows up to 40 in. tall
- Butterfly magnet
- Drought tolerant
- Deer tend to avoid
- SKU: 60889
- For each offer ordered, get 2 bareroot plants
Green Twister Coneflower
- LightFull Sun
- Height38-40 inches
- Spread20-24 inches
- Spacing20-24 inches
- Zones3 - 9
- FoliageDark green, lanceolate, coarse and hairy with toothed edges.
- Flower FormLemon green with reddish-pink center which deepens to carmine-red. Some flowers may be more yellow than green. 10 cm daisy-like with prominent central cone.
- BloomsMid to late summer.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, average soil.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningRemove spent flower stems to encourage development of new flowers.
- CommentsGreen Twister is a unique and colorful coneflower selection. This lively green coneflower will show natural variation in the color and size of the green edge. Most flowers are light green but some are almost yellow-edged each with an increasing carmine-red center. Deer resistant and much loved by butterflies and bees. Excellent cut flower. Be sure to leave some spent blooms on the plants in the fall because their seeds provide winter food for finches and other birds.
- Botanical NameEchinacea Purpurea 'Green Twister'
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/23 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||9/23 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||9/23 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||9/23 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||9/23 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||9/23 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.