Green Ice Lettuce
Green Ice Lettuce
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measure approx. 750 seeds per packet
- LightFull Sun.
- Height12 inches.
- Spread12 inches.
- Spacing12 - 18 inches between plants, 18 - 30 inches between rows.
- Zones3 - 9.
- FoliageGreen ruffled foliage.
- Germination7 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, light, sandy, moist, well-drained soil.ph 6.0 - 6.8. Neutral PH.
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 750 seeds per packet. The seed tape is 15 feet long and has approximately 360 seeds.
- CommentsTender, sweet and flavorful, vitamin rich, gorgeous bright green and frilly, adding a special gourmet touch to salads, slow to bolt, crisp loose heads of ruffled leaves.
- Botanical NameLactuca sativa 'Green Ice'; Family; Asteraceae (Daisy Family)
- HeaderVitamin Rich and Really Sweet
- DepthAt soil surface. (needs light to germinate).Do not cover seed with soil.
- Days To Maturity45 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.