Gurney Girl's Best Hybrid Tomato
Gurney Girl's Best Hybrid Tomato
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 20 seeds per pkt
- FormVine, Indeterminate
- LightFull sun
- Height4 - 6 feet.
- Spread2 - 3 feet.
- Spacing24 - 36 inches.
- Zones3-9 annual
- FoliageMedium green foliage.
- Flower FormSmall yellow flowers
- BloomsEarly to mid- summer.
- FruitLarge 8-10 oz. vibrant red fruit with a flavor that can't be beat. Rich, sweet true tomato flavor is paired with meaty, juicy texture and crack free fruit.
- Germination5 - 10 days
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, fertile soil, high in organic matter.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 20 seeds per packet.
- PruningPrune by cutting out suckers (auxillary shoots between the stems and the leaves) to produce larger fruit. Fruit also ripens earlier since the sun can reach it more easily.
- CommentsPlants are very vigorous, and yields are some of the biggest we've ever seen. Uniform 8-10 oz. fruit with rich red color, juicy texture and great flavor.
- YieldVery productive.
- Botanical NameLycopersicon lycopersicum
- HeaderOur Favorite All-Around Tomato!
- DepthPlant seeds 1/8 inch deep. For plants, plant them deeper than in the pot. Plant them just below the first set of leaves.
- Days To Maturity75 days from transplant.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.