Free $25 off any order of
$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Oops, there seems to be an error, please re-enter your email address.
Gurney's® Beneficial Bug Wildflower Mix
Entice Beneficial Insects to Your Garden
Select the product option that works for your garden
This superior blend of flowers and herbs has been specially formulated to attract beneficial insects to your garden. Irresistible to good bugs such as ladybugs and lacewings, which work to eliminate destructive pests that do damage to plants and crops — also attractive to pollinators such as honeybees and butterflies. Mix contains varieties including Annual Candytuft, Sweet Alyssum, Dwarf Cosmos, Cilantro, California Poppy, Baby Blue Eyes, Lance-Leaved Coreopsis, Annual Gaillardia, Shasta Daisy, Dill, Black-Eyed Susan and more. Simply direct sow after last frost.
This plant attracts butterflies.
- FormAnnuals and perennials.
- LightFull sun.
- Height12 - 48 inches.
- Spread12 - 24 inches.
- SpacingPlanting rate of 9 - 18 lbs. per acre.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageShades of green foliage.
- Flower FormRange of blooms.
- ColorRange of colors.
- BloomsLong season and range of bloom times.
- Germination7 - 28 days.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained average garden soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 300 seeds per packet, 1/4 lb. has approximately 70,500 seeds.
- PruningDead-head spent flowers.
- CommentsContains: Annual Candytuft, Siberian Wallflower, Cilantro, California Poppy, Baby Blue-Eyes, Lance-leaved Coreopsis, Cosmos-dwarf, Annual Gaillardia, Gayfeather, Shasta Daisy, Bishop's Flower (or False Queen Anne's Lace), Dill, Globe Gilia, Purple Prairie Clover, Black-Eyed Susan, Rockcress, Basket-of-Gold, Sweet Alyssum, Bergamot. This mixture attracts benefical insects to the garden. Beneficial insects include lacewings, lady bugs, hover flies, tachinid flies and parasitic wasps, which help to destroy harmful garden pests such as aphids, thrips and mites.
- Botanical NameMix of varieties.
- SizeRange of sizes.
- Depth1/8 inch.