Gurney's® Whopper Strawberry
- Exceptionally large, juicy, red berries
- Extremely hardy, disease-resistant plants
- Produces prolific crops
- Plants multiply rapidly year after year
- June-bearing variety
- One of our most popular berries
- SKU: 04657
- For each offer ordered, get 40 plants
Gurney's® Whopper Strawberry
- LightFull sun
- Height8 - 10 inches
- Spread8 - 12 inches
- Spacing12 - 24 inches
- Zones5 - 10
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormWhite
- FruitFirst berries can be slightly irregular in shape, but beautiful large strawberries follow. Huge fruit, some fan shaped-wide.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained, slightly acidic, sandy loam soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsAvailable in Limited Quantity for American Gardeners: Sweet and Delicious Berries as Big as Peaches! Hardy. Multiply Rapidly. Produces Prolific Crops. You'll find Whopper Strawberries easy to grow in nearly any sunny garden. Or you can plant them for their outstanding, decorative beauty in a bed alongside the house or patio, or to edge a walk or driveway. Many gardeners report they make one of the finest ground covers they've ever planted. Whopper Strawberries are extremely hardy and disease-free. They have survived in all kinds of climates and multiply rapidly year after year. Gurney's was the first to introduce the Whopper Strawberries to the U.S. Now gardeners everywhere can enjoy these amazing, sweet and delicious berries.
- YieldApproximately 1 - 3 pints.
- SizeFruit as big as peaches.
- DepthSet with crowns at the soil level.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.