Hardy Cyclamen Mix
- SKU: 66084
- For each offer ordered, get 3 cyclamen bulbs
- Zones: 4 - 9
- Height: 4 - 6 inches
- Light Required: Full shade to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Hardy Cyclamen Mix
- Unit of Measure3 cyclamen bulbs
- LightFull shade to partial shade.
- Height4 - 6 inches
- Spread10 - 12 inches
- Spacing10 - 12 inches.
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageGreen-gray heart-shaped leaves with decorative marbled markings.
- Flower FormNodding, butterfly-like flowers.
- ColorLight pink, dark pink and white blossoms.
- BloomsLate Summer to Autumn. This bulb will not emerge from the soil until late August. Do not reship this plant if customer calls earlier in the season to say it has not emerged. It needs to go through the heat of the summer before it will emerge from the soil
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateSlow to moderate growth rate.
- PruningNot needed. Allow foliage to die back.
- CommentsFrom early to late fall, these delicate, butterfly-like blooms in light pink, dark pink and white light up shady garden zones. Marbled, heart-shaped leaves which appear in fall and stays on the plants all winter look (fully hardy!). Cyclamen tubers live extremely long! Great for naturalizing! 6 months of flowering cyclamens is a mixture of the following varieties: Cyclamen coum; dark pink, blooms in very early spring into late spring. Blooms together with snow drops. Cyclamen coum has rounded, to more pointed leaves which vary between plain green and the totally silver-leafed with dark green centre. This cyclamen produces leaves that are very decorative. After flowering, the leaves die back and the flower stems curl up into a spring like coil and lower themselves to the ground for ripening. Before you know it you have a beautiful colony of cyclamens. In late fall the foliage appears gain. Cyclamen cilicium has deep green oval leaves with silvery markings. The flowers appear in early to late fall. The foliage will be there long before it blooms, it can resist frost. Cyclamen hederifolium, these frequently scented flowers emerge directly from the soil in late summer to early fall, followed by a carpet of dark green leaves, variegated with white or silvery. It can bloom for up to 2 months.
- Botanical NameCyclamen hederifolium, coum, cilicium
- DepthTop of bulb should be even with soil level. Concave side up.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.