Hardy English Walnut Tree
- SKU: 08703
- For each offer ordered, get 1 tree
- Zones: 4 - 8 (-20° F.)
- Height: 30 - 50 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun
- Plants are not available in AZ CA KS TX
Send me an email when this item is available
Hardy English Walnut Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Upright
- LightFull sun
- Height30 - 50 feet.
- Spread30 - 40 feet.
- Spacing35 - 40 feet.
- Zones4 - 8 (-20° F.)
- FoliageDark green, lacy, pinnately compound foliage.
- Flower FormMale catkins are small, cone-like buds, unbranched, and have scales; female has 2 - 8 flowering spikes.
- FruitPlump, thin shelled, small nuts with white kernels.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, deep, fertile, slightly acidic soil.
- Growth RateFast growth rate. Up to 25 inches per year.
- PollinatorPlant 2 or more trees for best pollination.
- CommentsBears as early as 4 years after planting. Pest and disease resistant. Nuts fall free of husks when ripe. Full flavor, excellent quality. Drought resistant. Self-pollinating but produces better when planted in groups of two or more. Does not do well in wet areas. Nuts are easier to crack than black walnuts. Meat of the nut when cracked will most likely come out in pieces (sometimes may be halves).
- YieldApproximately 1 - 3 bushels at maturity.
- Botanical NameJuglans regia 'Carpathian'
- DepthSame as in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.