Hardy Everbearing Fig
- SKU: 10516
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Send me an email when this item is available
Hardy Everbearing Fig
- FormTender fruit
- LightFull sun to partial shade
- Height8 - 10 feet, but shorter if planted in containers
- Spread3 - 4 feet
- Spacing3 - 5 feet
- Zones7 - 10 (0° F.) (Hardy to 0° and 5° F.)
- Foliage3 to 5 lobed medium green, coarse in texture.
- Flower FormInconspicuous flowers (hidden inside the bud).
- FruitDark mahogany skin with rich red flesh
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained - not particular about soil, will take clay-like or sandy as long as it well drained
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningDo not require regular pruning once established. Prune figs trees annually during the first three growing seasons to establish desired shape. Best to prune immediately after the main crop is harvested in early fall.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsEnjoy tasty figs with dark mahogany skin and rich red flesh. Good for eating fresh, baking, preserves or dried fruit. In northern climates, plant in a container on the patio and move indoors for the winter. When the fruit is fully ripe and at is peak for eating, shipping them to the grocery is difficult. Every summer you can walk out into your own yard and enjoy them right away in mid summer and again in late summer to early fall. Figs are self fruitful, no need for another to pollinate. Good for fresh eating, baking, preserves or dried fruit.
- Botanical NameFicus carica 'Brown Turkey'
- DepthPlant at the same level as n the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Fruits|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.