Hardy Evergreen Bamboo
- SKU: 76148
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
Send me an email when this item is available
Hardy Evergreen Bamboo
- FormEvergreen perennial.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height18 - 30 feet (colder regions will only reach approximately 18 feet. Canes can be up to 2 inches in diameter.
- SpreadMay become invasive.
- Spacing4 - 6 feet.
- Zones5 - 9.
- FoliageGreen foliage and canes.
- Soil RequirementsFertile, humus rich, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate.
- PruningRemove culms (stalks) to control growth into unwanted areas.
- CommentsOne of the hardiest bamboos for the Northern gardener. First to send up shoots in Spring. Tall, sturdy culms (shoots) are a rich green and hollow inside. This bamboo grows into a dense grove or screen perfect to create a private area in your landscape. Maintains dark emerald green appearance even in the harshest Winters. Bamboo is the favorite diet of the giant panda. Fairly new variety of hardy bamboo with new culms that start out a rusty red in color. Hardy and vigorous bamboo is ideal for screening or hedging in the landscape. RESTRICTED STATES, AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- Botanical NamePhyllostachys bissetii
- DepthPlant at the same depth as in the pot. Where marginally hardy, plant in an area protected from Winter winds.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|Spring 2019 Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Annual Vegetable Plants||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes|
|1A-4A||5/13/19 - 5/31/19||3/25/19 - 6/14/19||5/20/19 - 6/7/19|
|4B||5/13/19 - 5/31/19||3/25/19 - 6/14/19||5/20/19 - 6/7/19|
|5A||5/13/19 - 5/31/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||5/13/19 - 6/7/19|
|5B||5/13/19 - 5/31/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6A||4/22/19 - 5/31/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|6B||4/22/19 - 5/31/19||3/4/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A||4/22/19 - 5/31/19||2/25/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7B||4/1/19 - 5/31/19||2/25/19 - 6/14/19||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|8A & B||4/1/19 - 5/31/19||2/18/19 - 6/14/19||4/22/19 - 6/7/19|
|9A & B||4/1/19 - 5/31/19||2/11/19 - 6/14/19||4/22/19 - 6/7/19|
|10A & B||4/1/19 - 5/31/19||2/11/19 - 6/14/19||4/15/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||5/27/2019||6/10/2019||6/3/2019|
|Zones||Onion Plants||Fruit Trees||Bareroot Roses|
|1A-4A||4/1/19 - 5/10/19||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||4/15/19 - 5/31/19|
|4B||4/1/19 - 5/10/19||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||4/15/19 - 5/31/19|
|5A||3/25/19 - 5/10/19||3/18/19 - 6/7/19||4/1/19 - 5/31/19|
|5B||3/25/19 - 5/10/19||3/4/19 - 6/7/19||3/18/19 - 5/31/19|
|6A||3/4/19 - 5/10/19||3/4/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 5/31/19|
|6B||2/25/19 - 5/10/19||3/4/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 5/31/19|
|7A||2/18/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||2/25/19 - 5/31/19|
|7B||2/11/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||2/25/19 - 5/31/19|
|8A & B||1/28/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||2/18/19 - 5/31/19|
|9A & B||1/7/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||1/21/19 - 5/31/19|
|10A & B||1/7/19 - 5/10/19||2/11/19 - 6/7/19||1/21/19 - 5/31/19|
|Last Order Date||5/6/2019||6/4/2019||5/27/2019|
|Zones||Tropicals & Houseplants||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19||4/29/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||3/18/19 - 6/21/19||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/18/19 - 5/24/19|
|9A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|10A & B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19||2/11/19 - 6/21/19||2/11/19 - 5/24/19|
|Last Order Date||6/3/2019||1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.