- SKU: 13974
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 4 - 9 (-20° F.). Protect in areas below -20 F.
- Height: 15 - 20 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height15 - 20 inches.
- Spread15 - 20 inches.
- Spacing12 - 18 inches.
- Zones4 - 9 (-20° F.). Protect in areas below -20 F.
- FoliageGray-green almost white when young, evergreen needle-like, 1-1/2 inch long, 1/4 inch wide foliage.
- Flower FormMany very tiny flowers form whorls along a terminal spike up to 8 inches long.
- ColorPurple-lavender flowers.
- BloomsMid-summer into early fall.
- Soil RequirementsA well-drained, sandy soil is important.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate once established, which takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks.
- PruningIn the spring after buds break, if using for drying, trim back spent flower stems and shear back to 12 - 15 inches annually.
- CommentsNot only is this perennial indispensable for its strong fragrance but it is a lovely component for the garden. The neat mounds can be used as low hedges, edges for a border, interplanted amongst other perennials in a flower bed and it is very attractive in a container. Lavender has been a garden favorite for years and the flowers can be cut to dry for fragrancing at home. This is one of the most durable available and asks only for hot Summer sun and a well-drained site out of wind. Thrives in baking hot situations where many other plants will not grow.
- Botanical NameLavendula angustifolia
- Size1/4 - 1/2 inch.
- HeaderFamous for Its Fragrance
- DepthPlant with the crown(where the roots meet) at soil surface.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.