- SKU: 08571
- For each offer ordered, get 2 18-24" trees
- Zones: 4 - 8 (-20° F.).
- Height: 25 - 40 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun.
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure 2 18-24" trees
- FormDeciduous. Rounded.
- LightFull sun.
- Height25 - 40 feet.
- Spread20 - 30 feet.
- Spacing20 feet.
- Zones4 - 8 (-20° F.).
- FoliageShiny, dark green foliage.
- Flower FormMale and female flowers.
- FruitDark purple; sweet; 1/2 to 1 inch long.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained moist soil.
- Growth RateRapid growth rate.
- PruningDeciduous trees, like mulberry trees are best pruned when the tree is dormant. Late Fall or early Spring is the best time, whether your tree is fruit bearing or not. Pruning methods are best dictated by your purpose--whether to keep the tree a certain size or shape, or just to tidy it up.
- PollinatorMulberries can be either dioecious (meaning separate trees have the male and female reproductive parts) or monoecious (meaning male & female reproductive parts appear on the same tree) and can change from one sex to another at different stages. Two trees
- CommentsJuicy, black berries. Withstands drought and salt. Fruit is similar in size and shape to blackberries. Generally bears heavy, reliable crops. Very easy to grow, usually does well without any care. Hardy to -25 degrees F. Unable to ship to: AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- Botanical NameMorus nigra
- Size1/2 inch blossoms.
- HeaderBunches of Juicy, Black Fruit
- DepthPlant at the same depth as in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.