- SKU: 64816
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
- Zones: 5 - 8
- Height: 10 - 12 feet, but it can be maintained as a smaller shrub for easy harvesting.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
- Plants are not available in OR WA
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 potted plant
- FormRounded shrub
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height10 - 12 feet, but it can be maintained as a smaller shrub for easy harvesting.
- Spread8 - 10 feet
- Spacing8 - 10 feet
- Zones5 - 8
- FoliageLarge green leaves.
- Flower Form1.5 - 3 inch male catkins in April. Female flowers insignificant.
- FruitLarge tasty hazelnuts that consistently fill-out their shells.
- Soil RequirementsVery moist, fertile, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateFast growth rate.
- PollinatorChoose two varieties for pollination.
- CommentsHUge yields of large, high-quality hazelnuts! Bigger than other varieties, Jefferson and Theta Hazelnuts have a delicious buttery flavor that is perfect for both savory and sweet recipes. Exhibits good resistance to pests and exceptional resistance to Eastern Filbert Blight. Plant in very moist, fertile, well-drained soil for best results. A full sun to partial shade site should be chosen for optimal results. Choose two varieties for pollination.
- YieldHeavy yields, 20+ lbs. at maturity.
- Botanical NameCorylus avellana 'Jefferson' 'Theta'
- HeaderExtremely Productive and Easy to Harvest
- DepthPlant at the same depth as it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.