- SKU: 80891
- For each offer ordered, get 1 no. 1 1-yr. plant
- Zones: 4 - 9
- Height: 4 - 6 feet.
- Light Required: Full to partial sun.
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure 1 no. 1 1-yr. plant
- LightFull to partial sun.
- Height4 - 6 feet.
- Spread5 feet.
- Spacing3 feet.
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageMedium green foliage.
- BloomsJune - August.
- FruitLarge, dark red berries.
- Soil RequirementsOrganic, well-drained, slightly acidic, sandy loamy soil.
- Growth RateModerate to fast growth rate.
- PruningIn early Spring before new growth begins, cut the old canes as low to the ground as possible to encourage buds to break from below the soil surface. Remove and discard the canes. Obviously, this approach cannot be performed with Summer-bearing red raspberry cultivars that bear fruit on second-year canes.
- CommentsNo need to wait for fruit with Heritage! This super-productive bush sets big, bright red berries on 1-year stems. The tasty fruit is of excellent quality and good size for canning, freezing and fresh eating. Very productive and dependable; berries appear in profusion at the end of August through October. Hardy and vigorous bush grows 4-6' tall. Self-pollinating: does not need another plant nearby to set fruit. Holds in good condition on plant and after picking. Sweet, mild flavor. Very strong, vigorous, self-supporting canes. Suckers prolifically and spreads rapidly. Fairly tolerant to heavy soils, though susceptible to root rot in poorly drained soils. First crop in early July; second, heavier crop from September to frost. Heavy Fall yields when mowed to ground level in early Spring while still dormant. If heavy soil, add peat moss, dehydrated cow manure or compost. Hold plant in hole, spread roots, plant crown 1 inch below soil, fill 1/2 way; compact soil; complete filling; compact soil; water well. Susceptible to Verticillium Wilt. Do not plant where tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, or peppers have been grown in the past 3 - 4 years. Plant as far away from these vegetables, if growing them also. Can train to trellis. Berries are ready to pick when they separate easily from the stems. Birds will eat berries.
- YieldApproximately 1 - 2 quarts.
- Botanical NameRubus idaeus 'Heritage'
- Size1/2 - 3/4 inch.
- HeaderNo Worries About Disease
- DepthSame as in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.