Hinnomaki Red Gooseberry
- SKU: 64633
- For each offer ordered, get 1 12-15" plant
- This item is not available in DE MA ME MI NC NH NJ RI VA WV
Hinnomaki Red Gooseberry
- FormDeciduous. Upright.
- LightFull Sun.
- Height3 - 5 feet.
- Spread3 - 4 feet.
- Spacing36 inches.
- Zones3 - 6.
- FoliageGreen foliage in Summer, red in Fall, shaped like grape leaves.
- Flower FormYes
- ColorWhite blossoms.
- BloomsEarly season.
- FruitDeep red large fruit. Sweetest of all gooseberries.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, moist soil.
- Growth RateMedium to fast growth rate.
- PruningPrune each year after fruiting. Remove old wood that has produced it's third crop.
- PollinatorGooseberries are self-fertile.
- CommentsBears fruit in the first year if planted early enough. Crisp skin has a snappy tang, followed by sweet flesh. Best flavor of any gooseberry in our trials (sweet enough to eat without sugar added). Berries are an attractive deep red color & a nice large size.
- YieldUp to 4 - 5 lbs. per plant when mature.
- Botanical NameRibes uva-crispa 'Hinnomaki Red'
- DepthPlant so the roots are below the soil.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19||10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.