Early Blue & Sunrise Honeyberries
Early Blue & Sunrise Honeyberries
- Unit of Measure1 plant
- FormMounding, Perennial shrub.
- LightLikes partial shade in most regions except in the far North where it can enjoy full sun.
- Height2 - 3 feet.
- Spread2 - 3 feet.
- Spacing3 feet.
- Zones3 - 8
- FoliageThe leaves are borne in opposite pairs on the stems. Short, oblong, medium green in color.
- Flower FormSmall tubular or funnel-shaped white flowers.
- BloomsEarly spring
- FruitOval, dark blue berries.
- Soil RequirementsModerately well-drained, yet moist soil. Mulch with peat moss, or decomposed manure to help conserve soil moisture.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningAs needed to shape.
- PollinatorAt least one of each variety is needed for pollination.
- CommentsStart fruit season with intensely flavorful honeyberries. Our Sunrise variety is early ripening, vigorous and produces lots of blue berries that are jam-packed with a wonderful sweet-tart flavor. They don't have the bitterness sometimes found in other varietes. Fruits ripen just ahead of strawberries in late May-June. Our research team describes the flavor as "blueberries with an attitude". Because they are early ripening, ther are virtually no pests or diseases that bother the fruit-and no sprays are needed. Resistant to leaf burn. Bushes grow 3-4 feet tall. Another variety is needed for pollination, and we recommend the early ripening Early Blue. Growing 2-3 feet tall, Early Blue will pollinate three Sunrise honeyberry plants. Bareroot.
- Botanical NameLonicera edulis
- HeaderThe Better Blue Berry!
- DepthPlant base at soil level, so all roots all well covered by soil.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.