Honeynut Winter Squash
- SKU: 70075
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 25 seeds per pkt.
- Zones: 3 - 9 annual
- Height: 10-12 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- Germination: 7 - 12 days.
Honeynut Winter Squash
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 25 seeds per pkt.
- FormVining, annual
- LightFull sun.
- Height10-12 inches.
- SpreadCompact vine.
- Spacing2 plants per hill. 8 - 10 feet between hills.
- Zones3 - 9 annual
- FoliageTypical squash leaves.
- Flower FormYellow blossoms.
- Fruit5-inch, 1/2 to 1 lb. mini-butternut squash with uniform shape & size, ripens to tan skin with dense orange flesh.
- Germination7 - 12 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, moist, well-drained soil. pH 5.5 - 6.8
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 25 seeds per packet.
- CommentsDeveloped by the Vegetable Breeding Institute at Cornell University. Honeynut is resistant to powdery mildew and its compact vine saves valuable garden space. This delectable winter squash has a sugary-sweet flavor, long shelf life and a 1-2 person serving size. Bake with cinnamon, pecans and real butter for a dessert-like entree' or side.
- Botanical NameCucurbita moschata
- HeaderSmall size, excellent flavor.
- Depth1 inch deep.
- Days To Maturity110 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.