$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Honeynut Winter Squash
- SKU: 70075
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pkt of approx. 25 seeds
Send me an email when this item is available
Honeynut Winter Squash
- FormVining, annual
- LightFull sun.
- Height10-12 inches.
- SpreadCompact vine.
- Spacing2 plants per hill. 8 - 10 feet between hills.
- Zones3 - 9 (annual)
- FoliageTypical squash leaves.
- Flower FormYellow blossoms.
- Fruit5-inch, 1/2 to 1 lb. mini-butternut squash with uniform shape & size, ripens to tan skin with dense orange flesh.
- Germination7 - 12 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, moist, well-drained soil. pH 5.5 - 6.8
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 25 seeds per packet.
- PruningNone needed.
- CommentsDeveloped by the Vegetable Breeding Institute at Cornell University. Honeynut is resistant to powdery mildew and its compact vine saves valuable garden space. This delectable winter squash has a sugary-sweet flavor, long shelf life and a 1-2 person serving size. Bake with cinnamon, pecans and real butter for a dessert-like entree' or side.
- Botanical NameCucurbita moschata 'Honeynut'
- Depth1 inch deep.
- Days To Maturity110 days
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||6/18 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||6/18 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||6/18 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||6/18 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||6/18 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||6/18 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.