Honeysweet Pear Tree
Honeysweet Pear Tree
- Unit of Measure1 tree
- FormDeciduous. Upright.
- LightFull Sun
- HeightStandard - 15 - 25 feet. Semi-dwarf - 12 - 15 feet.
- SpreadStandard - 12 - 15 feet. Semi-dwarf - 10 - 12 feet.
- SpacingStandard - 20 feet, Semi-dwarf - 10 - 12 feet.
- Zones5 - 8.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- Flower FormWhite blossoms with some pink spotting.
- BloomsEarly to Mid Season.
- FruitMedium size brown-russet in color with a super sweet, complex and aromatic flavor.
- Soil RequirementsGood, well-drained, deep soil that is reasonably fertile.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate. This pear tree stays smaller than most pear trees.
- PollinatorOne of the few self pollinating pear trees.
- CommentsIntroduced in 1977 from Purdue, this is a very high quality Seckel or sugar pear. No fruit thinning required and it does not have premature fruit drop. Good storage ability.
- YieldHeavy yields.
- Botanical NamePyrus 'Honeysweet'
- HeaderLuscious Flavor, Self-Pollinating
- DepthGraft of bud union should be just above the soil line. Look for plant depth indicator.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.