Hot Rod Switchgrass
- SKU: 70868
- For each offer ordered, get 1 potted plant
Hot Rod Switchgrass
- LightThis ornamental grass develops the best color when planted in full sun.
- Height3-4 feet. tall. In late summer, tan, elegant flower heads sway 12-15 inches above the foliage.
- Spread18-24 inches.
- Spacing18 - 24 inches.
- Zones4 - 10
- FoliageGrass-like foliage.
- Flower FormTan, elegant flower heads.
- ColorEmerges blue-green but quickly turns to red.
- BloomsLate summer.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, moist soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningNone needed.
- CommentsEasy care and drought tolerant. Hot Rod has firmly upright blue-green foliage that reddens rapidly until the entire plant is a deep maroon. In late summer, tan, elegant flower heads sway 12-15 inches above the ffoliage. Growing 3-4 feet tall with an 18-24 inch spread, this ornamental grass develops the best color when planted in full sun. Potted.
- Botanical NamePanicum virgatum 'Hot Rod' PP26074
- DepthPlant at the same depth it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19||10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.