- SKU: 39875
- For each offer ordered, get 1 bareroot
- Zones: 5 - 8.
- Height: 4 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
- This item is not available in CA GA WA
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 bareroot
- FormUpright. Perennial.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height4 feet.
- Spread4 feet.
- Spacing3 - 4 feet.
- Zones5 - 8.
- FoliageSmall ovate leaves,evergreen South of zone 6, glossy dark green, new growth is red in Spring.
- Fruit1/4 inch; deep glossy purple-blue berries.
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained, acidic soil, (similiar to blueberries).
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningHuckleberries grow slowly. Other than removing dead or damaged branches, pruning is not needed nor recommended in young plantings.
- CommentsRemarkable evergreen native shrub, valuable for fruit and landscape, can be used as a hedge, shrub, garden, plant or container grown. Foliage looks good year round, little blush pink to white blossoms followed by glossy deep purple-blue berries, can be grown in partial shade, but will produce more berries in the sun. Berries attract wildlife, flowers attract hummingbirds, bees, and butterflies, branches are also used in flower arrangements.
- Botanical NameVaccinium ovatum
- SizeUrn shaped white to blush blooms.
- HeaderNative Shrub with Edible Berries
- DepthSame as in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.