- SKU: 78602
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
- Zones: 7 - 10
- Height: 15 - 20 ft
- Light Required: Full sun
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 plant
- LightFull sun
- Height15 - 20 ft
- Spread15 - 18 ft wide
- Spacing15 - 18 ft
- Zones7 - 10
- Foliagegreen leaves with 3 - 5 lobes
- Flower Forminconspicuous flowers (hidden inside the bud)
- FruitLarge, long-necked violet brown fruit with light red flesh.
- Soil RequirementsRich, moist, well-drained soil
- PruningDo not require regular pruning once established. Prune figs trees annually during the first three growing seasons to establish desired shape. Best to prune immediately after the main crop is harvested in early fall.
- PollinatorSelf fertile
- CommentsFruit has a short stem but long neck, allowing the fruit to hang down as it ripens. This habit adds to it's rot resistance, as the eye of the fig is less adapt to fill with water. Long ripening season. The trees are very dependable producer. Rich sweet flavor. Closed eye.
- Botanical NameFicus carica 'Hunt'
- HeaderAdapted to the humid Southeast.
- DepthPlace the plant in the hole at the same level it was grown by the nursery. This is where the roots start and the tops shoots begin. Spread the roots out evenly. Gently work the soil around the roots do not pack the soil. Water plant thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.