$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Ice Cream Tulip
- SKU: 89983
- For each offer ordered, get 3 tulip bulbs
Ice Cream Tulip
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height12 - 16 inches.
- Spread4 - 6 inches.
- Spacing4 - 6 inches.
- Zones3 - 8
- FoliageGray-green, linear or broadly ovate foliage.
- Flower FormUpright, bell or funnel shaped blossoms.
- ColorWhite petals emerge from a base of deep pink petals. Blooms do not open completely giving the impression of an ice cream cone.
- BloomsLate spring for about 2 weeks, depending on weather; with other Tulips, Pink Buttercup, English Wood Hyacinths, English Bluebells.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningDead-head. It is important to let the foliage mature and die down naturally, do not cut back. Next year's bloom is being developed.
- CommentsVery unique flower shape, not your classic tulip shape. It looks like an ice cream cone and when you see them you would like to take a bite from it. Its shape and coloring is very unique. It seems as if it has a fluffy mound of Vanilla on top ot Strawberry, decorated with a flash of lime. And it is all sitting in a cup with green emerald arms. When it was first introduced it cost a fortune. Luckily it is now available for a more reasonable price. It is one of the most unusual tulip flowers you have seen. Winner of the Trial Garden Award from the Royal Bulb Growers Association in 1999.
- Botanical NameTulipa Double Late 'Ice Cream'
- SizeLarge blossoms.
- Depth6 inches. Pointed end up.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/23 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||9/23 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||9/23 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||9/23 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||9/23 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||9/23 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.