Immortality Reblooming Iris
- SKU: 74772
- For each offer ordered, get 1 iris rhizome
- Zones: 4 - 9
- Height: 28 - 30 inches.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade. At least 6 hours of sunlight each day.
Send me an email when this item is available
Immortality Reblooming Iris
- Unit of Measure1 iris rhizome
- FormRhizomatous perennial.
- LightFull sun to partial shade. At least 6 hours of sunlight each day.
- Height28 - 30 inches.
- Spread12 - 24 inches.
- Spacing12 - 24 inches.
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageGlaucous-green, sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves with some dying back in colder climates in winter.
- Flower FormMedium sized, ruffled formally shaped flowers borne on short stems with close branching. Fragrant
- ColorPure white with light yellow beard.
- BloomsMid to late Spring with intermittent bloom late Summer to frost.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall, cut back foliage to 6 inch fans. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering.
- CommentsPure white blooms with a light lemon-yellow beard. Vigorous rebloomer. Fragrant. The most dependable and the most popular reblooming iris. After blooming in Spring with other German Iris, flowers appear in late Summer and intermittently rebloom until frost. Superb plant vigor produces 2 to 3 stems per clump at regular blooming. Bloom color is a pure white self with a white beard gently dusted with yellow.
- Botanical NameIris germanica 'Immortality'
- DepthOne inch deep. Set rhizome so bottom half is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly. Plant where they will get at least 6 hours of sun per day.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Perennials, Bulbs & Flowers|
|1A-4B||9/4 - 11/2|
|5A & 5B||9/4 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/4 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/4 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/4 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/4 - 11/2|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.