- SKU: 04490
- For each offer ordered, get 1 plant
- Zones: 8 - 10. In colder zones it must be brought indoors for the Winter.
- Height: Vines can grow up to 25 feet long.
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
- Plants are not available in CA OR WA
Send me an email when this item is available
- Unit of Measure1 plant
- FormA climbing vine, attaching itself to supports using tendrils.
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- HeightVines can grow up to 25 feet long.
- Zones8 - 10. In colder zones it must be brought indoors for the Winter.
- FoliageSerrated leaves commonly grow in groups of five.
- BloomsJuly - August.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, moist, humus enriched soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- CommentsAlso known as 'Jiaogulan,' this variety is said to have immune-strengthening properties; some even call it the 'anti-aging' or the 'cure-all' herb! Brew 'Immortality' and enjoy the healthy benefits of this sweet-flavored curing tea! Grow in a pot or hanging basket, the vines will cascade over the edge for a dramatic decorative effect; if allowed to grow up a trellis or supported by stakes, the vines will reach up to 25 feet long. Suitable for indoors and outdoors.
- Botanical NameJiaogulan (jow-goo-lawn); Gynostemma pentaphyllum; Family: Cucurbitaceae
- HeaderAn Herb for Long Life!
- DepthPlant at the same depth as it is in the pot.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.