$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Imperial Star Artichoke
- SKU: 64592
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pkt of approx. 25 seeds
Imperial Star Artichoke
- FormAnnual. Upright.
- LightFull sun.
- Height3 - 4 feet.
- Spread4 feet.
- SpacingSpace seed when planting 3 - 4 inches apart in rows 36 - 48 inches apart. Thin to 24 - 36 inches apart.
- Zones3 - 9 annual.
- FoliageGreen foliage.
- FruitPrimarily green globes can have some purple tinting.
- Germination10 - 21 days. Soil temp for germination should be between 70 - 80 F. for best results.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus enriched soil.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 25 seeds per packet.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsProduces up to 3 times the yield of older varieties in one growing season.
- YieldNearly 3 times the yield of older varieties - Green Globe had 6 - 10 buds per plant. Yields of 3 1/2 - 4 inch chokes (preferred by the fresh market) vary from 400 - 500 cartons per acre. Cartons average 23 lbs. each with 24 or 36 chokes per carton.
- Botanical NameCynara scolymus 'Imperial Star' PVP (Plant Variety Protected).
- Size3 1/2 to 4 inches in diameter, round green chokes with purple highlights.
- Depth1/4 - 1/2 inch deep.
- Days To Maturity85 days from transplant (105 - 160 direct sown).
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||6/18 - 11/1|
|5A & 5B||6/18 - 11/1|
|6A & 6B||6/18 - 11/1|
|7A & 7B||6/18 - 11/1|
|8A & 8B||6/18 - 11/1|
|9A-10B||6/18 - 11/1|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Oct 28, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.