Imperial White Currant
- SKU: 64805
- For each offer ordered, get 1 12-15" bareroot
- Zones: 3 - 5.
- Height: 4 feet.
- Light Required: Full sun.
- This item is not available in DE MA ME MI NC NH NJ RI VA WV
Send me an email when this item is available
Imperial White Currant
- Unit of Measure 1 12-15" bareroot
- FormDeciduous woody shrub.
- LightFull sun.
- Height4 feet.
- Spread4 feet.
- Spacing4 feet.
- Zones3 - 5.
- FoliageOvate, 1 - 3 inch long and as wide, deeply lobed medium green foliage.
- Flower FormWhite.
- ColorWhite flowers.
- BloomsMid Spring to early Summer.
- FruitProduces clusters of white, translucent fruit with a pink blush.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus enriched moist soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningRemove dead wood. Prune to rejuvenate new growth in early Spring.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsThis variety is considered to have the richest flavor of all currants and is about the same in size as red currants and also as hardy. The Imperial White is an old variety that was introduced in 1895. Early ripening berry. Restricted states: DE, MA, ME, NC, NH, NJ, RI, WV, VA. Unable to ship to AE, AK, GU, HI, PR.
- Botanical NameRibes glandulosum 'Imperial White'
- HeaderBest for Fresh Eating
- DepthDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.