Infrared Bearded Iris
- SKU: 68085
- For each offer ordered, get 1 iris rhizome
- Zones: 4 - 9
- Height: 35-37 inches
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade.
Send me an email when this item is available
Infrared Bearded Iris
- Unit of Measure1 iris rhizome
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height35-37 inches
- Spread18 to 24 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches.
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageGlaucous-green sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves with some dying back in colder climates in winter.
- Flower FormFlowers are fan-shaped, with three drooping petals called falls and three upright petals called standards. Ruffled.
- ColorDeep maroon with bright yellow beards.
- BloomsMid to late spring.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall, cut back foliage to 6 inch fans. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering.
- CommentsThe bold red of this striking iris is the perfect color to make an eye-popping focal point or fresh arrangement. Plant them in groups of three or five, alone or alongside lighter, brighter blooms to give your landscape a professionally designed look. Ruffled irises of deep maroon feature bright yellow beards and a classic ruffled form. Flowers appear by the dozens during mid to late springon tall, 35-37" stems that stay upright in heavy rains and high winds. Reliably resistant to a range of diseases including leaf spot and crown rot, as well as garden pests like borers, aphids and wood lice. Very easy to maintain, too. Simply remove spent flower heads to promote more blooms.
- Botanical NameIris Germanica 'Infrared'
- HeaderA Dramatic Color with a Graceful Form!
- DepthSet rhizome so bottom half is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule for Plants|
|Zones||Tomatoes & Peppers||Potatoes||Sweet Potatoes||Onion Plants|
|1A-4A||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|4B||5/14 - 6/1||3/26 - 6/15||5/21 - 6/8||4/2 - 5/11|
|5A||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||5/14 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|5B||5/14 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/26 - 5/11|
|6A||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 5/11|
|6B||4/23 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/26 - 5/11|
|7A||4/23 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/19 - 5/11|
|7B||4/2 - 6/1||2/26 - 6/15||4/30 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/11|
|8A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/19 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/29 - 5/11|
|9A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/23 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|10A & B||4/2 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/15||4/16 - 6/8||1/2 - 5/11|
|Last Order Date||5/28||6/11||6/4||5/7|
|Zones||Bareroot Roses||Large Bareroots, Trees & Shrubs||Tender Annuals||All other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|4B||4/16 - 6/1||4/2 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/30 - 6/22|
|5A||4/1 - 6/1||3/19 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||4/2 - 6/22|
|5B||3/19 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||3/30 - 6/8||3/19 - 6/22|
|6A||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|6B||3/5 - 6/1||3/5 - 6/22||4/30 - 6/8||3/5 - 6/22|
|7A||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|7B||2/26 - 6/1||2/12 - 6/22||4/2 - 6/8||2/26 - 6/22|
|8A & B||2/19 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/20 - 5/25|
|9A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|10A & B||1/22 - 6/1||2/12 - 5/25||4/2 - 6/8||2/12 - 5/25|
|Last Order Date||5/28||1A-7B: 6/18||6/4||1A-7B: 6/18|
|8A-10B: 5/21||8A-10B: 5/21|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.