Jack Be Little Pumpkin
- SKU: 14931
- For each offer ordered, get 1 pack of 25 seeds
Jack Be Little Pumpkin
- FormVine, annual.
- LightFull Sun.
- Height24 inches.
- Spread10 - 15 feet.
- Spacing5 - 8 feet between hills.
- Zones3 - 9.
- FoliageGreen folfiage.
- Flower FormFlowers. Female flowers form 1 - 2 weeks after the male flowers.
- FruitDeep orange rind with firm flesh . Flattened, deeply ribbed fruits. 2 inches x 3 inches. 3 - 4 oz. fruits.
- Germination8 - 10 days.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained, sandy loam soil, pH 7.0-7.8
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- Seed CountApproximately 25 seeds per packet.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating.
- CommentsCute Halloween handouts. Procuces up to 20 fruits per plant. Stores 12 months if properly cured. Feed with a 10-10-10 fertilizer. Pumpkin seeds will not germinate in cold, wet soil. For the best crop, water equivilant to one inch of rainfall weekly. Deep soakings are better than light sprinklings. Place straw under pumpkins. All pumpkin varieties may be used in cooking. All are edible!
- Yield8 - 20 fruits per plant.
- Botanical NameCucurbita pepo 'Jack-Be-Little'
- Depth2 inches.
- Days To Maturity100 days.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|4B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|5B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|6B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7A||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|7B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|8A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|9A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|10A & B||11/2/18 - 6/17/19|
|Last Order Date||6/14/2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.