Jagallo Nero Kale
- SKU: 70195
- For each offer ordered, get approx. 250 seeds pkt.
- Zones: 3-9 annual
- Height: 18 inches
- Light Required: Full sun to partial shade
- Germination: 4-7 days at 45-85 degree F
Send me an email when this item is available
Jagallo Nero Kale
- Seasonboth Spring & Fall
- Unit of Measureapprox. 250 seeds pkt.
- LightFull sun to partial shade
- Height18 inches
- Spread1 - 3 ft
- Spacing1 inch apart in rows 18-30 inches
- Zones3-9 annual
- FoliageLeaves are flat, deeply indented and very dark blue/black with a mild crunchy cabbage flavor.
- Germination4-7 days at 45-85 degree F
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, light soil
- Seed Count250 seed pkt
- CommentsA distinct form of Cavolo Nero or Lacianato kale. Attractive, dark blue- green leaves are deeply lobed and indented, adding a very different texture to salads. Sweet tasting- the best flavor of any kale we've trialed. Plant type is upright and vigorous, easy to harvest. Rich in minerals and vitamins A and C.
- Botanical NameBrassica oleracea 'Jagallo Nero'
- HeaderBoasts a Crunchy, Cabbage-Like Flavor
- Depth1/4 to 1/2 inch
- Days To Maturity70 days after sowing
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.