$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Japanese Iris Mix
- Mix of blues, purples, whites & bi-colors
- Bloom in early to midsummer
- Plant in full sun to part shade
- Deer tend to avoid
- Zones 4-8
- SKU: 70608
- For each offer ordered, get 3 Bareroot Plants
Japanese Iris Mix
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height24 - 48 inches
- Spread12 - 18 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Zones4 - 8
- Flower FormHuge flowers resemble orchids.
- ColorMixture of various colors.
- BloomsEarly to mid summer
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningAfter blooming, cut the withered flower at the top of the stem to prevent seed production and then allow the leaves to wither and turn brown before removing them. The green leaves provide nourishment.
- CommentsGlorious, huge flowers resemble orchids and float on long, sturdy stems. Carefree plant blooms early summer, after most other irises have finished. Rich colors and elegant form add a new dimension to borders and waterside plantings. Gardens and beds get a lively burst of color with this exceptional mix of lovely Japanese Iris. Large 5" double blooms emerge in a blend of blues, purples, whites and even bicolors, giving the mid-season landscape a touch of much-needed flair. Perfect for planting near the water's edge, these unique beauties love to get their feet wet. They also make outstanding additions to cutting gardens and borders where moist soil is plentiful. Acidic soil makes these beautiful iris come alive in midsummer.
- Botanical NameIris ensata
- Depth2 inches
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|1A-4B||8/5 - 10/4|
|5A & 5B||8/5 - 10/4|
|6A & 6B||8/5 - 10/4|
|7A & 7B||8/5 - 10/4|
|8A & 8B||8/5 - 10/4|
|9A-10B||8/5 - 10/4|
|Last Order Date||All Grow Zones: Sep 30, 2019|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.