Jazz Me Blue German Iris
- SKU: 66662
- For each offer ordered, get 1 iris rhizome
Send me an email when this item is available
Jazz Me Blue German Iris
- LightFull sun to partial shade.
- Height38 inches
- Spread18 to 24 inches
- Spacing18 to 24 inches
- Zones4 - 9
- FoliageGlaucous-green sword-like fans of stiff upright leaves with some dying back in colder climates in winter.
- Flower FormFlowers are fan-shaped, with three drooping petals called falls and three upright petals called standards. Ruffled.
- ColorA rich, celestial blue that is perfectly complemented by yellow beards tipped in blue.
- BloomsMid season.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate growth rate.
- PruningRemove spent flower stems after blooming. In late fall, cut back foliage to 6 inch fans. Clean plant debris before winter to prevent borers overwintering.
- CommentsElegant, ruffled irises of true blue make a great choice for adding a pop of color to the landscape. And they couldn't be easier to grow and maintain. Jazz Me Blue emerges in midseason to show off big blooms in a rich, celestial blue that is perfectly complemented by yellow beards tipped in blue. This variety features thicker petals than the average iris, keeping the flowers upright and intact during heavy springtime showers. Diseases and pests won't present a problem either. It is resistant to diseases like bacterial leaf spot, fungal leaf spot, fungal crown rot, and more. Plus, iris borers, aphids and wood lice steer clear of it in the garden. You can plant Jazz Me Blue virtually anywhere in the landscape. It reliably tolerates a wide range of soils, and looks great in borders, mixed beds and focal point areas. Create fresh arrangements with just a few stems.
- Botanical NameIris Germanica 'Jazz Me Blue'
- DepthSet rhizome so bottom half is below ground level. Firm well and water thoroughly.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.