- Unit of Measure1 plant
- FormRounded. Perennial shrub.
- LightFull sun
- Height5 - 7 feet
- Spread4 - 6 feet
- Spacing4 - 6 feet
- Zones3 - 8 (-30° F.)
- FoliageLarge, waxy, deep green foliage. Turns brilliant orange-flame color in the Fall.
- Flower FormSmall white flowers.
- ColorWhite blossoms.
- FruitLong loose clusters of small-medium, juicy, light blue berries.
- Soil RequirementsAcidic, moist, organic, well-drained soil. pH should be 4.5 to 5.5.
- Growth RateMedium growth rate.
- PruningBlueberries should be pruned during the Winter while the bushes are dormant. In Winter, flower buds are easily visible on one-year-old wood and their numbers can be adjusted by pruning to regulate the crop load for the coming year.
- PollinatorSelf pollinating. Planting a Bluecrop or a Highbush variety will increase yields.
- CommentsHighbush blueberry. Fruit has small scar; crack resistant. Vigorous, fast growing shrub.
- YieldApproximately 7 - 10 pounds at maturity.
- Botanical NameVaccinium corymbosum 'Jersey'; Family: Ericaceae
- Size1/4 inch blossoms.
- HeaderBaker's Favorite
- DepthPlant at the same depth as in the nursery.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2018 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||Blueberries||All Other Fruits||Perennials,
Bulbs & Flowers
|Trees & Shrubs||Encapsulated
|1A-4B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5A||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|5B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|6A & 6B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|7A & 7B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|8A & 8B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|9A-10B||9/19 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/2||9/4 - 11/13||6/19 - 11/2||6/19 - 11/2|
|All Grow Zones: Oct 29, 2018|
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Please note that we cannot ship outside the 48 contiguous states.