$50 or more TODAY! -Tap to Save-
Karl Rosenfield Peony
- SKU: 08998
- For each offer ordered, get one 2-3 eye bareroot
Send me an email when this item is available
Karl Rosenfield Peony
- FormHerbaceous perennial, upright.
- LightFlowers best when planted in full sun; prefers light shade in Southern regions.
- Height2 - 3 feet.
- Spread2 - 3 feet.
- Spacing2 - 3 feet.
- Zones3 - 8 (-40° F.)
- FoliageGlossy, deep green foliage that is very attractive and ornamental throughout the growing season. The new growth in Spring is burgundy colored and turns a soft yellow in the Fall.
- Flower FormLarge double blooms with frothy petals.
- ColorDark red blossoms.
- BloomsEarly Summer.
- Soil RequirementsWell-drained, humus enriched, moisture retentive, slightly acidic soil.
- Growth RateSlow the first 1 - 2 years. Thereafter growth is moderate when left undisturbed.
- PruningOnly prune to remove spent flower stems after blooming. Cut to the ground after foliage dies in late fall.
- CommentsFlowers have a very soft and fluffy appearance and they are carried on strong, weather resistant stems. A heavy bloomer with beautiful foliage that is attractive throughout the growing season, making it an ideal companion for other perennials. Extremely hardy and care-free.
- Botanical NamePaeonia lactiflora 'Karl Rosenfield'
- DepthIt is very important to plant with the eyes 2 inches below the soil level. If they are planted too deeply, poor flowering will result.
Orders for general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days. Most times, orders having items with different shipping schedules are held in full until the entire order is ready to ship based on your grow zone.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country using the shipping timeframes outlined below. We continually monitor weather conditions for extreme hot or cold and adjust shipping schedules as needed. Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items in July and August.
|2019 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|ZONE||All Other Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4A||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|4B||5/5/19 - 6/21/19|
|5A||4/1/19 - 6/21/19|
|5B||3/18/19 - 6/21/19|
|6A||3/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|6B||3/4/19 - 6/21/19|
|7A||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|7B||2/25/19 - 6/21/19|
|8A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|9A & B||2/19/19 - 6/21/19|
|10A & B||2/11/19 - 6/21/19|
|Last Order Date|| 1A-7B: 6/17/19
Additional Shipping Notes:
The type of product you order or the weather in our area to yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule, shifting earlier or later, depending.
Trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant for optimum stress protection.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your orders via the U.S. Postal Service or FedEx. Large orders or large items may be shipped to you in multiple packages.
Sorry, we cannot ship products to Hawaii, Alaska, APO/FPO or outside the contiguous United States. Please provide a street address as some products are unable to be delivered to Post Office boxes.