Get $25 Off Any Order Of $50 Or More!
-Tap to Save-
Oops, there seems to be an error, please re-enter your email address.
Exceptional Flavor Reminiscent of Honeycrisp
Select the product option that works for your garden
The ideal size for little hands, KinderKrisp is the perfect apple for snacking! Boasting a crisp texture and exceptional flavor reminiscent of its parent, Honeycrisp Apple—this little guy has a slightly sweeter flavor giving it a personality that's all its own. Pick fresh and enjoy in the lunchbox or as an afternoon treat—this "candied" dessert apple will satisfy any sweet tooth! Also use to puree, juice, dry, stew or make delicious cider, tarts and jellies. KinderKrisp is a cold-hardy, reliable bearer and ripens in late August. Pollinate with Golden Delicious for best results. Zones 3-7.
- LightNeeds full sun for maximum flower and fruit production.
- Height6 ft
- Spread4 ft
- Spacing5 - 6 ft
- Zones3 - 7
- FruitA small red apple that boasts a fine texture and crisp flavor that is also sweet and juicy.
- Soil RequirementsGood well drained, deep soil that is reasonably fertile.
- PruningThere are normally two goals when pruning an apple tree: 1. Initially on young trees to encourage a strong, solid framework 2. On mature trees to maintain shape and encourage fruit production. The best time to prune apple trees is in late winter or very early spring before any new growth starts.
- PollinatorPollinate with Golden Delicious for best results.
- CommentsGive your kids, grandkids and young visitors a better choice of snack with KinderKrisp. Not only is it the ideal size for little hands, it boasts a fine texture and crisp flavor that is also sweet and juicy. A reliable bearer with mature fruit ready for harvest in late August. Pollinate with Golden Delicious for best results. KinderKrisp is extremely cold hardy, readily growing in zones 3-7.
- Yield1/2 bushel or more by the third or fourth season.
- DepthSame as in the nursery.